The Pheasant Tail Nymph is one of the most popular and widely fished nymphs in the world. It can be fished to imitate a Mayfly nymph in varying colors as well as fished as a Caddis, or just a great over all searching nymph. The only downfall to this fly is its durability at times. This is due to the fact that pheasant tail fibers can be brittle. With the material substitutions we provide here in this variation it makes this pattern near bullet proof. It can be tied in many different colors, that offer you the ability to make it what ever you want.
The Semperfli Micro Glint is extremely durable and works amazing as a tailing material on your favorite nymphs, as well as the legs substituted for a feather wing leg. Simplifying the materials list is always something we strive for when we are tying flies. It makes it easier to tie, faster, and these are all things we look for when designing and creating patterns. We were able to do just that with this variation.
- Hook: Moonlit Togatta Premium Competition Barbless Hook ML501 sz10-16
- Bead: Moonlit Slotted Tungsten Metallic Purple size to match
- Thread: Semperfli Classic Waxed 12/0 Purple
- Tail/Legs: Semperfli Micro Glint Nymph Purple
- Body: Hareline Purple Dyed Pheasant Tail
- Rib: Semperfli Fly Tying Wire .2mm Ice Blue
- Wing Case: Semperfli Semperflash Iris Blue Medium
- Thorax: Vicuna Fluorescent Purple Dubbing