We've paired the best of both worlds with the Adams Hi Vis Comparadun pattern with the classic fish producing Adams, and the ever effective Comparadun. The one thing at times with a Comparadun though is being able to see them in smaller sizes, so we have incorporated a Hi Vis wing as well. With how often fish are feeding in the surface film this pattern is sure to quickly become one of your favorites and go to patterns.
We enjoy fishing this pattern as a trailer behind our Parachute Adams, or as a lead fly with a Adams Last Chance Cripple trailing, or emerging Adams Soft Hackle as the trailer fly. These combos are fantastic searching patterns that produce everywhere we go with them.
Fly Tying Tutorial
- Hook: Moonlit Competition Barbless Hook ML052 sz10 through sz20 (substitute Moonlit Togatta Premium Competition Barbless ML102s)
- Thread: Semperfli Classic Waxed 12/0 Steel
- Tail: Hends Micro Fibbets Rust
- Body: Natures Spirtit Muskrat Grey Turkey Biot (Substitute Natures Spirit Wild Barred Muskrat Grey Turkey Biots)
- Wing: Bleached X Caddis Deer Hair/Fluorescent Chartruese CDC
- Thorax: Semperfli Kapok Dubbing Adams