If you are lucky enough to fish spring creeks, do yourself a favor and use our Red Truck 389-4 spring creek rod.
Spring Creek Fly Fishing Outfit:
Spring creeks are generally spring feed, slow moving, and gin clear. You begin searching through long green grass on the rivers bottom trying to discern the swimming movement of a trout from that of the grass. You spot your fish. You crouch down and cast your long leader up stream. It unravels perfectly. It seems like an eternity before the current pushes the fly down to the fish. The fish rises slowly to inspect your fly. Any drag and it’s over… a gentle roll… Fish on!
The 8ft 9in 3 weight is your spring creek fishing solution, the one best answer for fishing spring creeks anywhere. From the grassy bottoms of Hot Creek to the Henry’s Fork the Red Truck Balanced Spring Creek Outfit will make every presentation easier. The slow moving water in spring creeks give the fish ample time to inspect your fly, so a perfect presentations, drifts, and fly choice is imperative.
The Red Truck Diesel “Spring Creek” Fly Rod:
Designed and balanced to cast the perfect shape loops to rising trout. The Red Truck Spring Creek Fly Rod has the perfect action to cast the long leaders and protect light tippets necessary to be a successful spring creek angler in CA. Stable and accurate this rod is a joy to cast when the opportunity arises.
- A great rod starts with the grip. Red Trucks full wells grip is not only ergonomic but enhances feel and efficiency of casting and fishing. Built with top quality cork.
- Matte finished reducing rod glare, reflection on the water caused from shiny rods, which can spook fish on spring creeks.
- Sanded and precision fit ferules, where the rod pieces come together, allow for repairs in just 3 days and eliminates the need for you to ship the entire rod back to us.
- Present dry flies perfectly every time.
- Delicate tip for tippet protection.
- Hand made with incredible craftsmanship and premium components.
The Recommended Reel:
A perfect match for the Red Truck Spring Creek Fly Rod is our Red Truck Diesel Fly Reel. Taking notes from the reels our grandfathers used this reel is durable, simple, and elegant.
- The click and pawl drag system provides perfect amount of tension to protect light tippet.
- Machined from solid bar stock aluminum this reel will be appreciated for generations to come.
- Whether you are pulling off line or hooked up on a fish this reel screams fly fishing.
The Recommended Line:
This outfit comes balanced with a weight forward 3wt. This line enhances the feel and performance of your outfit.
- No stretch design allows for efficient casting and hook sets.
- Made out of Polyurethane which is incredibly durable and can with stand exposure to sunscreen, gas and diesel. All other fly lines are made from PVC which horrible for the environment.
- Delicate taper that excels when fishing long leaders and dry flies.
- Natural color is perfect for fishing gin clear water of spring creeks.
When you put this all together you have an outfit that is incredibly easy to fish, mend, and cast. This outfit comes fully rigged, ready to fish, and includes an extra tip. If you are a spring creek angler who appreciates accuracy and subtly this is your outfit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.