At first glance Straggle String UV & Straggle String Micro Chenille may seem like many of the other “fritz” type tying materials… Take a closer look though and you will find Straggle String UV is a carefully developed fly tying material and NOT just another off the peg product poached from the textiles trade. With just 2 core Straggle String is the finest micro chenille in the world for fly tying.
Now that Peacock is Cites registered Straggle String is being used in its place. Semperfli Ambassador Hans Van Klinken now uses Straggle String when making his famous Klinkhammer fly!
A Few Facts About Straggle String Micro Chenille & Straggle String UV
– Perfect replacement for Peacock
– Straggle String Micro Chenille has a finer core than typical “fritz” type materials
– Widest range of natural fly tying colors available (great for imitating the natural invertebrates that make up fishes’ diet.)
– Bright and fluoro colors are great for “hot spots” or attractor patterns
– Reduced fiber density (less like a blob more like legs or a hackle)
– Reflective/refractive fibers provide insect-like iridescence in Straggle String Micro Chenille
– Subtle UV properties of Straggle String Micro Chenille give the impression of life-like movement
– The fine core absorbs much less water than standard fritz meaning Straggle String Micro Chenille can be used in dry fly patterns
– Finer material means smaller flies. Sizes 16, 18, and 20 can easily be tied with Straggle String Micro Chenille
– Available in spools or as a three multi card colors with 10 colors. A total of 40 colors available in the range
Straggle String can be used simply wrapped around the hook to make amazing czech nymphs, create thoraxes for dry flies with this amazing material.